Geoff has spoken to hundreds of audiences around the world – sharing expert knowledge and experience about his life passions: polar adventure, environmentalism, youth education, leadership and teamwork.
Geoff’s audiences represent a cross-section of leading corporations, associations, public and private educational institutions, government, and nonprofit organizations from throughout North America and around the world.
Geoff Green inspires action. He is most often asked to share his experience on the subjects of leadership, inspiring youth, environmental issues, including climate change, world adventure and managing risk.
"Inspiring Generation G"
In 1994 Geoff made his first expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctic. He was profoundly inspired by these cornerstones of our global ecosystem, and has since led more than 100 expeditions to both the Polar Regions, taking with him thousands of students, scientists, educators and leaders from around the world.
Geoff’s presentation will take the audience on an amazing journey from Pole to Pole, sharing stories, insights and observations of what he likes to call the greatest classrooms on Earth. Together with his student alumni from over 40 countries, he has developed the concept of a 21st century "Generation G" embracing values that are Global, Generous, Grateful and Green to help guide the way we interact with Nature and each other.
"Have we found it all?"
What’s left in the world to discover? Geoff Green explores the concept of "discovery and exploration in the 21st century." Tomorrow’s "explorers" are those who help us better understand the Planet and find the ways that will allow us to live sustainably for generations to come.
An unprecedented opportunity exists to engage the minds and imaginations of the next generation of young scientists and leaders, and to help people understand that we must find alternatives to our addiction to fossil fuels. Geoff addresses this risk our unbridled thirst for oil poses to our economy, climate and quality of life – and how to motivate and inspire people to action.
Upcoming Presentations and Events
Past presentations include:
April 2013 - Geoff speaks at the first annual Students on Ice Foundation dinner at Nota Bene restaurant in Toronto, hosted by CBC Chief Correspondent Peter Mansbridge.
April 2013 - Geoff helps to judge participants in the Carrefour Frontenac Navigate the North Contest where two students were awarded a place on the Arctic 2013 Expedition.
April 2013 - Geoff speaks at the opening of the Extraordinary Arctic festival at the Canadian Museum of Nature in Ottawa.
- April 2013 - Geoff moderated and presented at the Inuit Elders Summit on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.
March 2013 - Geoff meets with HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and participates in the annual Students on Ice event in Monte Carlo, hosted by the Prince Albert II Foundation.
March 2013 - Geoff appears before the Canadian House of Commons Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development to speak about Canada's Arctic Foreign Policy.
October 2012 - Geoff speaks at the Canadian Museum of Nature in Ottawa at the Thorleif Thorleifsson presentation 'A Voyage around the North Pole: Modern Exploration and Climate Change' presented by the Royal Norweigan Embassy.
September 2012 - Keynote speaker at the Canadian Student Leadership Conference in Weyburn, Saskatchewan.
- September 2012 - Keynote speaker at the Northwest Territories Recreation and Parks Association Annual Conference and AGM in Yellowknife, NWT.
- 2012 - Spoke at the Evergreen Conference at McMaster University .
- 2011 - Addressed a group of Yale students about Students on Ice, youth leadership, environmental action, and the importance of the Polar Regions in our global ecosystem. Geoff was a special guest of Judy Krauss, Master of Silliman Residential College at Yale, at her Master’s Tea.
- 2011 - Spoke to youth leaders in environmentalism at the Ecological Action Conference in Vaughn
- 2011 - Spoke at the Provincial Student Leadership Conference in Kindersley, SK
- 2011 - Via satellite from the Arctic, Geoff presented at the Ignite Change Now! Global Youth Assembly 2011in Edmonton
- 2011 - Addressed the Ivanhoe Cambridge Operations Conference attendees on the issues of corporate responsibility & sustainability
- 2011- Inspired 2000 graduating students from the Niagara District School Board
- 2011 - Spoke at the Halton Regional Chair’s Environmental Awards event
- 2011 - Gave a keynote speech at the Frontenac, Lennox and Addington Science Fair held at Queen’s U
- 2011 - Received a standing ovation for his keynote address at the EARCOS Teachers' Conference in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- 2011 - His keynote opened the Eco Schools Training Day held by the Greater Essex County District School Board
- 2010 - Via video-conference spoke to students of Jennie Elliott Elementary school about the 'Me to We' & Students on Ice
- 2010 - Presented to the Ottawa School Boards' Connections Breakfast audience during Experiential Learning Week
- 2010 - Addressed the staff and students of the Niagara Catholic District School Board at their Eco-Schools Conference
- 2010 - Gave the keynote address at the Alberta Teachers' Association Conference in Canmore
- 2010 - Presented at the Character Development Leaders' Symposium for the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
- 2010 - Spoke at the St. Andrew's Green Environmentalists' Earth Week Event in Aurora
- 2010 - Addressed the students and staff of Woodroffe High School, Ottawa, at their "Embrace the Change-Celebrate the Spirit" Conference
- 2010 - Led discussion groups on Environmental Impact & International Relations with respect to environmental issues with students of Roanoke College, Roanoke
- 2010 - Gave a keynote speech on "Encouraging Acts of Green" at the Ontario Public Works' Regional Symposium in Guelph
- 2009 - Invited to speak at Leadership Ottawa's 3i Summit
- 2009 - Presented at Cape Breton's 1st Climate Change Conference
- 2009 - Led workshops and gave a keynote address at the EARCOS Administrator's Conference in Manila, Philippines
- 2009 - Presented to the Executive Council at the World Meteorological Organization meetings in Ottawa
- 2009 - Opened the WaterEDWest Conference in Banff with a keynote presentation
- 2009 - Participated in The Calgary Foundation's "Forever Fund" Speakers Series
- 2009 - Spoke at the Eco Stars Awards at Royal Roads University, Victoria
- 2009 - Went on a cross-Canada media tour as a Spokesperson for Brita's Filter for Good Campaign
- 2008 - Gave a keynote speech at Health Canada's(TCD) "Working Better Together" Conference in Calgary
- 2007 - Addressed an audience of 400 delegates at the Canadian Institute of Actuaries' Seminar for the Appointed Actuary
- 2007 - Keynote speaker at GenerAction's 10th Anniversary Celebration
- 2007 - Took part in Trinity College School's Lecture Series - Environmental Change session, Port Hope
- 2007 - Presented a keynote speech at Mount Royal College's Global Sustainability Week session in Saskatoon